Summary: The Sales Manager of Transportation directs thedaily activities of assigned Account Managers. The Sales
Manager is responsible for the development of profitable business through the collective efforts of assigned Account Managers and the Sales Manager's direct contribution. The Sales Manager will have accountability for the development, training, and goal setting for each assigned account manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identify, secure, and retain profitable account opportunities both as a direct contributor and through the collective effort of assigned Account Manager Team(s). Participate in the development and implementation of marketing & sales strategies that result in profitable growth.
2. Recruit, hire, and retain professional Account Manager Team members. Participant in the development and implementation of Account Manager recruiting strategies. Conduct one-on-one interviews with prospective Account Managers as well as participate in panel interviews as needed. Assist Human Resource team in the development and implementation of an Account Manager retention program.
3. Train, coach, and develop assigned Account Managers. Participant in initial training as well as conduct regular ongoing training sessions. Identify high potential Account Managers for development and promotion. Provide coaching as needed for under-performing Account Managers and implement corrective actions as needed.
4. Develop a sales culture based on a consultative sales strategy. Implement a disciplined and repeatable sales process. Continuously evaluate and adapt company's competitive advantage and unique selling position strategies.
5. Coordinate with Account Managers to ensure proper utilization of all operating, sales, and communication systems.
6. Lead all RFPs, RFQs, and other customer requests for information are reviewed, evaluated, and responded to in a timely manner. Review all responses with VP prior to submission to customer.
7. Enforce compliance with all sales and operational procedures. Provide feedback and coaching as needed to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to by all team members.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, or Logistics or equivalent industry experience. Must be able to communicate effectively and demonstrate strong customer service skills. Will have demonstrated the ability to multi-task, work in a team oriented environment, make good decisions, and problem solve.
Preferred qualifications: Five or more years of transportation industry experience in a sales or business development role. Demonstrated experience in identifying and growing new business in the modes of dry van,flat bed, over dimensional, temperature controlled, intermodal, expedited and/or air.
Special Training: Ability to use Microsoft Office software applications and SalesForce.com